A Basic Emergency Medical Technician is an individual who has been trained to perform basic emergency medical care. The delivery of basic first aid, CPR, AED, administration of oxygen, the delivery of certain medications as defined by the Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) National Standard Curriculum, and other basic equipment used by emergency response personnel are included at this level. An EMT may provide basic emergency medical care only when functioning on duty as an Ambulance Attendant, Aeromedical Ambulance Attendant, or Firefighter.
Tuition includes Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR, Clinical Experience, National Registry Psychomotor Testing, and class shirt.
Books are not included in the tuition. We are using Brady’s Emergency Care 13ed.
The package consists of:
Emergency Care 13ed Textbook.
MyLab Access Code with e-text.
Go to www.bradybooks.com, order the package, at check out use the promotion code “BRADY20” for free shipping, and a 10-20% discount. Another option would be Amazon.com.
All assignments are done online through the Brady MyLab program (pearsonmylabandmastering.com/). Students must have regular secure access to a laptop or desktop computer and the internet. Must also have regular access to a printer.
Students must provide:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or High School Equivalent/Transcripts
- Picture ID
- Current Two-step TB Skin Test (within the last year) (e7health.com)
- Proof of Childhood Immunizations (MMR, DPT or D-tap, Chicken Pox)
- Hepatitis B Vaccinations series
- Nevada State or higher Background check. (mystudentcheck.com)
- 10 Panel Drug screening (information given during orientation) (e7health.com)
- Completed COVID Vaccinations
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration at any time prior to the first day of class and receive a full refund, less the non-refundable 10% of $147.50 (EMT)/$147.50 (AEMT) per NRS 394.449. Contact us for more details.